MrMike’s Toolbox Addin for Microsoft Project
A completely free collection of helpful tools to make project planning and tracking with Microsoft Project a snap. Includes Export To XLS, a tool that exports your entire schedule to Microsoft® Excel, so you can publish updates to your team and analyze your schedule for accuracy. Download for Free!
Absolutely Free – Useful Tools for Microsoft Project!
Analyze Your Schedules
The Export To XLS tool exports your entire schedule to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, including a PivotTable. Using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project is a powerful combination. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Publish your schedule to non-Microsoft Project users
- Sort tasks by milestone, resource, resource groups and more
- View tasks by duration or remaining duration
- View tasks by percentange of duration
Working with your schedule in a PivotTable lets you take a birds-eye view of your schedule, giving you the information you need to find answers to important questions:
- Which tasks need to be done for my current milestone ?
- Which resource can take on more tasks ?
- Are any of my resource groups overloaded ?
- What happens to my schedule if I change scope or features ?
Take a closer look – download these sample files to see what the Export To XLS tool can do!
Manage Risk & Milestone Deadlines
Managing risk is an important task for any project manager. Two tools help you do just that:
Reset Milestone Deadlines
- Sets the Deadline field based on the task finish date and the milestones you have defined for your project.
- Once your deadlines are set, you’ll see them in your Gantt chart with the icon.
- When tasks are in danger of missing the deadline, you’ll see the icon.
Reset Contingency, Acceptance, and Final Polish
- Adds buffer time in your schedule for every resource that worked during each milestone.
- Calculates any time from the end of each resource’s work to the final milestone date, and adds a “Final Polish” task.
Other Useful Tools
- Copy Categories Tool – copies custom text fields into task names, giving Microsoft Project reports more detail.
- Copy Costs Tool – lets you store billable and internal rates for each resource, and see your schedule with either one.
- Scrum Tools – tracks previous remaining work so you can easily track production velocity from update to update.
Minimum Requirements & Compatibility
- Microsoft Windows XP and Vista
- Microsoft Project 2003, 2007 – Standard or Professional
- Microsoft Excel 2003 or 2007
MrMike’s Toolbox Addin for Microsoft Project is compatible with non-English language version of Microsoft Project and Excel !